PfleKoRo aims to relieve the physical and time burden on nursing staff when caring for bedridden people in need of severe and very severe care. To this end, a robotic system is to be designed that supports care as needed, integrates itself smoothly into care activities and takes over physically stressful holding and repositioning tasks. The challenge here is to coordinate robotic assistance and human interaction and to take into account the situation-dependent needs of caregivers and patients. This challenge is being met by an iterative development process involving care professionals, care recipients and developers. At the end of this process, the PfleKoRo system will be developed.
- Project coordinator: DIERS International GmbH, Schlangenbad
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
- St. Gereon Seniorendienste gGmbH, Hückelhoven
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
- Universitätsklinikum Aachen