- Networking symposium of the funding line “Robotic Systems for Care”:
The University of Siegen is organising the second networking symposium of the funding line in the new year with a special focus on forward-looking topics such as “Robotics in Caring Communities”, “Value Orientation” as well as “Design Paradigms”. At the same time, there will be sufficient space for the presentations, networking activities and discussions of the participants in the collaborative projects. Due to the pandemic, this event will also take place digitally from 10.02.2022 to 11.02.2022. In lectures, expert discussions and workshops, we will engage in interdisciplinary, cross-project exchange. We are especially looking forward to the reports on the interim project statuses, which will show the developed robotics of the joint projects in practical nursing use. Just like last year, there will be a doctoral colloquium.
10.02.2022, 9:00 a.m. – approx. 2:00 p.m.: Keynotes and project presentations of the collaborative projects of the funding line (open event for interested expert audience).
10.02.2022, 15:00 – 18:00: Doctoral Colloquium.
11.02.2022, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Interactive Workshops & Networking (internal event of the collaborative projects and the accompanying project).
- E_Valuate! Design scopes & value conflicts in socio-digital evaluation infrastructures:
The Scientific Centre for Information Technology Design (ITeG) at the University of Kassel is organising this conference, which will feature keynotes by Ulrich Dolata (Stuttgart), Jan-Hendrik Passoth (Frankfurt/O.) and Nicole Zillien (Gießen).
There is a call for papers for this event with a submission deadline of 01.03.2022.
Further information can be found here.
- Digitalisation and care technology to compensate for shortages?:
The Institute for the History and Ethics of Medicine at the University of Halle is organising lectures and a panel discussion with Dipl.-Ing. Nora Weinberger, Prof. Dr. Karsten Weber and Prof. Dr. Patrick Jahn on this question on 24.02.2022 from 16:00 – 17:30. The event will take place online. You can find the programme here.
- Virtual congress on change, innovation and the future of nursing in clinical care: From Nov. 15-25, 2021, four live webinars will be offered each week. Among other things, this will include the webinar “Innovative technologies in clinical care – How digitization and robotics are shaping the care of the future” on 11/22 from 15:30 to 17:00, with a presentation by Uli Fischer and Astrid Stephan on “Developing robotics with and for nurses in clinical care. Current research projects on robotics in nursing care at two German university hospitals” will take place; More information at https://www.gesundheitskongresse.de/vpu/2021/
- Together through Innovation: BMBF online events: The BMBF invites you to an accompanying research tour within the framework of its research program “Together through Innovation”: For this purpose, three online events are offered, which are thematically oriented to the program’s fields of action, more precisely “Digitally Supported Health”, “Liveable Spaces: Smart, Sustainable and Innovative” and “Methodological and Technological Foundations”. Further information on the events can be found here:
- 4th Cluster Conference “Future of Care”: Under the motto “Researching together? For technical solutions in nursing care”, the PPZ Hannover is hosting the two-day event for the fourth time with an expert audience from science, practice and industry. The event takes place online, further information can be found at https://www.zukunft-der-pflege2021.de/
- Event “Workshop digital: The human-robot collaboration of the future” (virtual live event, 17:00 – 18:30); Organizer: bidt – Bavarian Research Institute for Digital Transformation. More info and registration at https://www.bidt.digital/event/werkstatt-digital-die-mensch-roboter-kollaboration-der-zukunft/
- PhD Colloquium “Robotic Systems for Nursing”:
- The first PhD colloquium of the funding line “Robotic Systems for Nursing” will be offered as an online-supported event on 26.02.2021 from 09-12 h. For more information about the program, please visit: Programm
- Networking symposium of the funding line “Robotic systems for care”:
- The first networking symposium of the funding line “Robotic Systems for Care” will be offered on 25.02.2021 as an online-supported event from 09-17 h. For more information about the program, please visit: Programm
- 9th International conference on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Machine Learning, London/UK
- A reason to celebrate!? Exactly 100 years ago today, the premiere of the play “R.U.R.” (Rossum’s Universal Robots) took place in Prague. The public performance of this utopian collective drama in 3 acts, based on the 1920 book by Czech writer Karel Čapek, is considered to be the origin of the spread of the term “robot” into everyday language. In the Czech language, the term “robota” means “heavy, laborious work or even subject labor.” The stage play “R.U.R.” still offers good occasions for critical reflections on the social use of robotics today.
- Second methods workshop of the accompanying project BeBeRobot (2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Third Cluster Conference “Future of Care”, Nuremberg
- “Healthcare Robotics Engineering Forum“, Boston/USA
- Symposium “Ethical aspects of digital solutions in nursing care. An interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral dialogue”, Hannover
- Nursing Informatics, Brisbane/AUS
- International Conference on Nursing Science & Technology, Prague, CZ (Webinar)
- Research practice workshop “From empiricism to design and back” within the BMBF funding line “Robotic systems for care” (online event)
- Please send registrations for the workshop to Richard.Paluch@uni-siegen.de
- Kick-off event BMBF funding line “Robotic systems for care” (online event)